You can create different types of shifts in Darwinbox. In some sectors, such as banking and education, a general shift can suffice. However, in other sectors, such as manufacturing, retail, hospitality, and healthcare, multiple shifts including overnight shifts are necessary
Ensure that you have the required permissions and Admin role for managing shifts.
1. In your Darwinbox instance, switch to Admin Mode.
Click the ATTENDANCE
tab, then click SHIFTS.
The Shifts page appears, displaying the existing shifts.
Click CREATE SHIFT.
The Add Shift
4. Enter the shift name in the Shift Name field.
5. Enter the shift description in the Shift Description field.
6. Select the entity type, either group company or employee group, to which the shift applies.
Depending on your selection, additional fields display.
7. Select the shift start time in hours and minutes from the drop-down lists in the Start Time field.
8. Select the shift end time in hours and minutes from the drop-down lists in the End Time field.
9. Select the Next Day? (Check If Over-Night Shift) checkbox if creating an overnight shift.
10. Select the Show For Shift Change Request checkbox to allow employees to choose this shift when requesting a shift change.
11. Assign the applicable policy to the shift from the Policy drop-down list.
12. Select the Is WFH Shift? (Check If This Shift Is Work From Home Shift) to allow employees to mark their attendance from any location.
13. Select the Do Not Generate Overtime On Weekdays checkbox to prevent generating overtime for the extra hours employees may have worked on weekdays.
14. Select the Do Not Generate Overtime On Weekly Off checkbox to prevent generating overtime for employees who worked during weekly offs.
15. Select the Do Not Generate Overtime On Holidays checkbox to prevent generating overtime for employees working on holidays.
16. In the Timezone For Only Clockin Warning And Absent Remainder dropdown, select a time zone to send out reminders to employees who have not clocked in after their shift has begun.
17. Click SAVE.
The shift is created. A message appears on the banner to confirm that the shift has been successfully created.
You can create various types of shifts following the procedure above. For more information, see Sample Shifts.
Once the shift has been created, you can assign it to employees from the Employee Directory.